Dr. Anil Bhan
Dr. Anil Bhan
Consultant , MCh, MS, MBBS, 37 years of experience
- Dr. Anil Bhan is a Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon with an experience
of 37+ years in this field.
- He has designed and developed more than 50 surgical instruments in the
field of cardiac surgery. He has performed more than 15,000+ cardiac and
vascular procedures with excellent outcomes, matching with the best in the
- Dr. Bhan is an outstanding cardiovascular surgeon and a graduate from
Medical College Srinagar (Best outgoing graduate-Gold Medalist). He
possesses the largest experience in Aortic surgery in India.
- Dr Anil Bhan is a Life Member of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular
and Thoracic Surgeons, Member Delhi Chapter of CSI,Member
Cardiothoracic Surgical Network (USA)Life Member of Pediatric Cardiac
Society of India
- Dr. Bhan was one of the team members that performed the first successful
Heart Transplantation in India (1994).
- He has been a professor in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences
(AIIMS), one of the most coveted medical institutes all over India.
- Director, Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon, 2008
- Consultant, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, 2004
- Professor, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- MCh, 1988, AIIMS, Delhi
- MS, 1984, PGI, Chandigarh
- MBBS, 1981, Medical College, Srinagar
- P.K. Sen Oration-Delivered the prestigious P.K. Sen Oration at the CT
- Bypass with coronary aneurysm repair-Performed the youngest bypass in the
world literature with coronary aneurysm repair at the age of 18 months 2007
- Extra corporeal membrane oxygenation-Did first extra corporeal membrane
oxygenation (ECMO) in India 2000
- Harmonic scalpel for the harvest of radial/internal mammary artery conduits
- Used for the first time harmonic scalpel for the harvest of radial/internal mammary
artery conduits in India- 1995