Dr. TS Kler
Dr. TS Kler
MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Cardiology
Chairman - PSRI Heart Institute
32 Years of Experience
PSRI Heart Institute
- Padma Bhushan Dr. Kler is currently working as Chairman at PSRI Heart Institute, New Delhi. He is also Heading Electrophysiology Programme at PSRI Heart Institute,.
- He has performed more than 10,000 coronary, renal & peripheral angioplasties.
- He is an expert electrophysiologist, doing maximum number of Radio Frequency Ablations & is one of the highest implanter of ICD’s & Combo devices in the country.
- He has about 150 national & international journal articles to his name & has been on the editorial board of Indian Heart Journal.
- Dr. Kler is regularly invited as a guest faculty to various National & International conferences like HRS & ACC and has been a guest faculty in USA, France, Australia, Pakistan, Srilanka, Bangladesh & Singapore
- Over the last 25 years Dr. Kler has personally trained more than 200 cardiologists from India & abroad to perform advanced techniques of angiography, angioplasty & electrophysiology.
- Dr. Kler has many firsts to his credit, establishing the 1st dedicated Electrophysiology Department in India at Escorts Hospital; being the 1st one to implant an ICD in S.E. Asia; the 1st to implant a Heart Failure Device (Bi-ventricular pacemaker) in S.E. Asia; the 1st to implant a Combo device in S.E. Asia & being the 1st one to perform Radio Frequency Ablation in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh. Dr. Kler was first to implant an ICD in Punjab Institute of Cardiology, LAHORE & also started Radiofrequency Ablation programme in that institute.
- He is Honorary Professor of Cardiology for Banaras Hindu University, (BHU). He is also a scientific advisor to various multinational companies like Boston Scientific, Medtronic, & St. Jude, all incorporated in USA.
- Presently working as the Chairman of Interventional Cardiology at Max Smart Super Speciality Hosiptal, Saket New Delhi.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Angioplasies and Angiographies
- Cardio Vascular and Cardio Thoracic surgeries
- DM (Cardiology)
- F.R.C.P. (U.K.)
- FACC (USA)
- D.Sc (Honoris Causa)
- President of Heart Rhythm Society of India (HRS)
- Life Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow Royal Colleges of Physicians of the (FRCP) UK
- Life Member of Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- Vice President of Indian College of Cardiology (ICC)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member of Association Physicians of India (API)
- Life Member of Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Life Member of North American Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology (NASPE)
Awards and Recognitions
- Conferred Doctorate of Science (D.Sc) 2007, by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- IMA AMS Distinguished Service Award’ for contribution to the society in general and medical profession in particular, given by Indian Medical Association & Academy of Medical Specialties
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2006’ for outstanding contribution in the field of Cardiology at the World Congress of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology (WCCPC)
- Distinguished Service Award 2005’, by WCCPC
- The Great Son of India Award’ given for Internationally Recognized Talented Indians (FIRTI) by Sahibzada Ajit Singh Academy, Roopnagar, Punjab
- The Citation Award’ on behalf of Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (President of India)
Vijay Ratna Award’ given by India International Friendship Society for Enriching Human Life and Outstanding Achievements
- Padma Bhushan Award by president of India
- Delhi Medical Association Centenary Award
- Conferred Doctorate of Science (D.Sc) 2007, by Punjab University, Chandigarh